ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: XDoclet and Ant descriptor generation
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 03:07:54 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 13:36
Subject: Re: XDoclet and Ant descriptor generation

> Update:
>
> I've tweaked the build process to now function out-of-the-box
> (hopefully).  Give it a try and see what if anything breaks for you and
> let me know.
>
> Here's how to run it now:
>
> ant clean gen docs
>
> (I like to start clean, although XDoclet should handle the dependency
> checking fine and only build what is out of date)

I will see if I can tweak the Axis ant task doc generation to the new
scheme, though I am not in a hurry. Serves me right for binding Axis to your
first prototype.

> -
> Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLo
>
> I used to think logging wasn't so bad, but what a pain all these
> logging frameworks cause!

-We could always add an ant commons logger that logged straight to ant. Then
anything that used the commons logging API would come to us at the right
levels.