ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: ant task calling subprojects
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:28:10 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Iyad Elayyan" <Iyad.Elayyan@oracle.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 10:17
Subject: RE: ant task calling subprojects

> thanks for your reply,
> Steve L brought subant to my attention, my point was <ant> task is already
> there and it's supposed to call subprojects in that fashion, so instead of
> adding another abscurely named task we modify <ant> without breaking it's
> back compatibility, which is what I provided.

I recall in my email directly to you that I argued in favour of subant,
precisely because we can be incompatible in interesting ways:

-have different defaults for inheritance
-map target="" to default target
-add a failonerror
-add the ability to specify a list of targets, in order, maybe with their
own 'ifpresent' and failonerror attrs.