ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Test Failure - Ant
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:03:38 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 14:13
Subject: Re: [GUMP] Test Failure - Ant

> Steve Loughran wrote:
> > ok, new problem is tractable.
> >
> > the issue is that tomcat4.1 produces simple_jsp.java
> >
> > we need to add a new name mapper and switch it in to jasper, leaving the
old
> > one around. We end up breaking support for people running older versions
of
> > tomcat though, at least as far as dependency checking and the unit
tests.

> Can we make the mapping configurable, defaulting to the pre 4.1 scheme
> and then change the tests to use the 4.1 scheme?

It is currently configurable on back end basis; each compiler -'like Jasper'
provides its own mapper. I need to get the new jasper mapping and pull it in
to make a new mapper which has the new rules for keywords and illegal chars,
and make that the default.

Unless we somehow probe for the jasper version (looking at the classpath for
files, perhaps?), we need to add a version option, or add a new jspc
compiler 'jasper4.1' which we set the test up for, leaving the current
(default), to jasper4.0.