ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig Campbell" <ccampb...@novell.com>
Subject Re: [Antidote] ToDo
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 16:38:58 GMT
One way that could be used is a definite icon difference between the Task and Type elements.
 However with Eric's xdocs solution we could easily provide custom icons.  Maybe not for Antidote,
but as Nicola brought up a good example of others who might like to see custom icons.  Netbeans
may use it with their UI, and possibly others (Eclipse??).  I guess a question that should
be brought up is are we just producing a solution for Antidote or are we trying to build a
frame work for other GUI's to leverage?

Craig

>>> nicolaken@apache.org 12/6/2002 5:25:00 AM >>>

Christoph Wilhelms wrote:
> Hi Craig!
>

>>>Find a concept for ACSDtdElement(s) to be rendered with
>>>different icons in the tree, based upon the current
>>>implementation. I bet you (Craig) already found a nice
>>>solution for this - or should we wait with this until we
>>>decided on a concept how to support tasks in general?
>>
>>Unfortunately, the only solution that I have implemented has
>>to to with BeanInfo objects, and not the individual tasks.
>>However, just to be clear, what you would like to see is a
>>right?
>

> No! I just (in the first step) want to render different types of
> ACSDtdElements with different icons: Task, fileset, include, etc... and do
> not know how th handle this with the current framework, for it know only
> generic ACSDtdElements with a standard icon...
>
> I do not think that it makes much sense to have an icon for each task - it
> would not be too helpful IMHO.

IMHO it is, especially since it would clearly identify the task in
question visually.
But there should be a standard "frame" for the type, to distinguish
tasks from targets and typedesf easily. Some work on these kinds of
icons can be seen in the Netbeans UI project www.netbeans.org

Just 2c...

             - verba volant, scripta manent -