ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Download page
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 15:41:30 GMT
Hi,

we are successfully using the mirrors now, but the "download from a
mirror" page looks a bit ugly.  Actually, the people on the
infrastructure list think it is so ugly that people will avoid using
the mirrors completely - and proposed something like
<http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/download.cgi> as alternative.

I have not added any links for now.  If you look at the thing that
generates the page (docs/download.html generated by
xdocs/download.xml), there are lots of variations we could use.

I think we should follow the route of a download page like this, but
probably use a different structure than this one (which is highly
influenced by people who think binary downloads are platform
specific).  8-)

Fell free to experiment with it, as nobody's going to use this page
ATM.

Stefan