ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/zip ZipEntryTest.java
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 12:55:00 GMT
On 9 Dec 2002, <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> Add support for Unix permissions to <zip> and friends, doing it the
> Info-Zip way.

A few things:

* I had to add an additional argument to the zipFile and zipDir
  methods and this resulted in additional arguments for an oodle of
  other protected methods that now all have their old and new versions
  in parallel to remain API backwards compatible.

* I've used the new feature in Ant's main_distribution target, so you
  need to bootstrap to build Ant.

* The code is supposed to set the read-only attribute in a way that
  WinZIP will restore it if you use something like
  <zipfileset filemode="400" .../>.  As I cannot test it myself, it
  would be nice if somebody could check (and then we could document
  it).

Stefan