ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: contributing to project
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 16:00:37 GMT
On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Joshua Allen <jallen181@cogeco.ca> wrote:

> Although I won't need to, cvs won't let you add a new file to the
> project--even if it's just to create a diff file.

You can trick CVS into thinking you've added a file simply by adding a
line like

/foo/0/dummy timestamp//

to CVS/Entries manually.  Here CVS would assume you had added a file
foo and will happily do a cvs diff -u for you.

ISTR there was a suit of scripts that helped to deal with issues like
that (i.e. a cvsadd script that did just what I've described above).
I've lost the link, sorry.

> So contributions from non-committers seem to be limited to modifying
> existing files only.

You can always send in a file (or an archive) in addition to your
patch and tell us where to add the file(s).

Stefan