ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jakarta Newsletter - November 2002
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:06:35 GMT
OK, I'll give it a try:

Ant
===

The biggest news in Ant land is that Ant has been promoted to a
top-level project at the board meeting in November.  Much of the
discussion on ant-dev has been centered around the proposed board
resolution, the formation of the initial PMC and similar issues during
the last months. [1] [2] [3]

While Ant is leaving the oversight of the Jakarta PMC with this move,
Ant's committers are not necessarily leaving the Jakarta community,
many of us will still be around and contribute where we see fit.

After the release of Ant 1.5.1 at the beginning of October, we've kept
on fixing smaller bugs in the 1.5 branch, so a 1.5.2 release is
getting more likely.  At the same time, development in the HEAD branch
is picking up momentum again as we start adding new features and
experiment with some stuff. [4] [5]

Footnotes:
[1]  <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=103658833500006&r=1&w=2>

[2]  <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=103702213600002&r=1&w=2>