ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant test; xerces
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:53:24 GMT
On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:

> Ant isnt testing for me...I dont know how long this has been the
> case, as I only just

Probably since I added that specific testcase 8-)

>     [junit] java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: include.inc

Shouldn't happen, have you updated and bootstrapped everything?  The
toURL method will always prepend file: .

> So I'm using java1.4, ant's CVS_HEAD copy Xerces and yet a core test
> that isnt failing on the gump is breaking for me.

Gump uses CVS HEAD of Xerces (so do I).  Let me see - completely empty
CLASSPATH, JDK 1.4.1_01, ./build.sh test:

Testsuite: org.apache.tools.ant.IncludeTest
Tests run: 12, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1,231 sec

./build.sh -diagnostics (snipped)

------- Ant diagnostics report -------
Apache Ant version 1.6alpha compiled on December 2 2002

 Implementation Version (JDK1.2+ only)
core tasks     : 1.5.9
optional tasks : 1.5.9

 XML Parser information
XML Parser : org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
XML Parser Location: /home/bodewig/ASF/jakarta/jakarta-ant/lib/xercesImpl.jar

I guess this is more of an OS issue than a Xerces problem.

As I said when I committed FileUtils#toURL and FileUtils#fromURL,
those have not been tested on Windows.

Stefan