ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/ant-site/anakia/xdocs bylaws.xml
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:31:13 GMT
On Mon, 09 Dec 2002, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> There is lots more to add but I need to see how it fits with what
> Stefan has already put together.

I haven't done much, just used pointers to the guidelines of Jakarta,
httpd and to incubator onto a single page.  Mixes well with what
you've done.

> This is not linked to any other page at the moment and it is
> probably not something that should be checked out on the new site
> until the PMC votes to adopt the bylaws.

Agreed.

> Feedback welcome.

Do you want us to track the feedback inside the file - in addition to
on this list - or do you want to maintain the file based on feedback
here?

First feedback (after reading the doc once) from myself:

* should invitation of committers be "lazy consensus" instead of
  consensus?  It is at Jakarta and I'm afraid we'd not match the
  quorum otherwise.

* Approval of the chairman by 3/4 majority?  Works for me, but again
  I'm afraid we'll run into trouble with the quorum, unless we get
  serious with "forcing" people into emeritus state.

* I'd like to drop the "six months" as time before developers
  "usually" become committers.  This is longer than it has been for many
  of us committers (far longer in my case 8-).  I'm not sure, I'd
  simply drop any time-frame at all.

Stefan