ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <script> and bsf
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:31:53 GMT
On Mon, 09 Dec 2002, Costin Manolache <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what is the correct behavior

Neither am I, all I can tell you is what Ant currently does.

> - should "ant A B" behave like "ant A; ant B" or remove duplicated
> targets ?

It does neither of both.  It will execute common targets twice (so
it's close to ant A; ant B), but properties set during the first pass
will keep their value in the second pass - same for references.

>> If you remove the references, you must not remove them from the
>> Project reference table.
>
> I don't. I just remove the reference from the UnknownElement.

But will the project references table now point to the UnknownElement
or to the task?

> Well, the real problem is in the script implementation - the fact
> that it "exports" all references and properties. This will not
> work well with the "dynamic properties" and is at least inefficient.
>
> If we can find a way to implement "on-demand" in BSF - then things
> might work well.

With Ant 1.6 we are talking about jakarta-bsf.  If we need support
from BSF to make <script> more useful in Ant, I'm sure we can get it.

Stefan