ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [Xdoclet-devel] [GUMP] Build Failure - xdoclet]
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 05:12:36 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

> Are there plans to fix this?
>
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: [Xdoclet-devel] [GUMP] Build Failure - xdoclet
> Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 14:52:23 +1100
> From: Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>

gmane.comp.jakarta.alexandria.devel,gmane.comp.jakarta.ant.devel,gmane.comp.java.xdoclet.devel

> Peter Donald wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > It looks like it may have been a change in Ant. Ant/Gump people - can
>  > you tell me if failure at
>  >
>  > http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2002-12-14/xdoclet.html
>  >
>  > was caused by the following change?
>  >

> No, it was not. Not sure why you thought that.
>
> The problem is caused by the new projectHelper implementation. The new
> ProjectHelper does not lowercase child names, which means that element
> names such as <configParam> do not get matched to the method name
> addConfigParam.  To verify this, try changing the buildfile to
> <configparam> and it will work OK.
>
> Obviously this is a regression in Ant - thank Gump, once again - which
> needs to be fixed.
>
> AFAICS, the old project helper lowercase'd the names of child elements
> but not of tasks. The new project helper only has one place where it
> creates UnknownElements so I'll leave it to Costin to figure out a change.

I'll fix it ( I'll be back home tommorow evening ).

I think the old ant had 2 places where it created tasks, and one
had lowercases and the other didn't ( or something like that, I remember
the issue ). Changing it to lowercase is very easy.

Costin