ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:43:25 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Costin Manolache <> wrote:
>> Give me few more days at least.
> Did I say go back and revert it?  I was just voicing my preference,
> that's all.

I know. If any problem happen - I'll revert it ( you don't have to
say that ). I know it is a very significant change - all tasks and types
are now wrapped in UnknwonElement and created just before execution.

> ant-dev can be a much friendlier than a couple of other lists you are
> subscribed to 8-)

>> For the next release - I think the new parser should be default
>> ( assuming we don't find any major problem ),
> What could happen was that people did things like
> <taskdef name="my:task" .../>
> <my:task/>
> we need more than a little note in the manual to get around this
> problem.

Are you talking about the little note in the XML spec, or every
XML/XSL/SOAP manual written in the last 3 years ?
If people didn't read the note about the use of ":" in namespace,
the sooner they hear about it - the better it is for everyone :-)

I'm not worried about that - but about tasks that rely on
beeing created when the project is parsed, or do tricky things
in the project. That's usually advanced stuff - and probably
easy to fix ( and I'm sure people who do this kind of
tricks have enough knowledge to fix ).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message