ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:35:20 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 13 Dec 2002, <> wrote:
>>   Changed ( at least for few now ) the default helper to the SAX2
>>   processor.  The original processor can still be used using the
>>   system property, and we can revert if we have see problems.
> At least if there are potential problems, I'd like to have the old
> parser be the default.

I wanted the new parser to be picked up by gump and have a bit
of use, to find the potential problems.

Give me few more days at least.

For the next release - I think the new parser should be default
( assuming we don't find any major problem ), and the old should
be deprecated ( but included just-in-case ).

Does it sound reasonable ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message