ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: <script> and bsf
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 20:00:48 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

> I agree with you Alexey. Even if the current behavior seems weird, it's
> Ant behavior, which many people take advantage of, including me, to create
> 'property setting' targets (properties used by other targets specified on
> the command line). I don't want that behavior to go away (that would be a
> clear regression, which I don't expect from Costin).

So you rely on the common targets being executed twice ?

How will that affect the property setting targets ?

I have no problem with keeping this behavior - and if people relly
on it then it may even be usefull :-)

Probably documenting it clearly is the best solution ( including the use
case you describe - so people who don't get it, like me, can use it )

Regarding comma-separated targets - sounds good, but I would like to
know the use case. I don't feel very well about adding much logic to
the command line - and I'm not sure how this will affect the API.

Costin