ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: <script> and bsf
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 20:20:44 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Dec 2002, Costin Manolache <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Is anyone able to compile ant with script support ?
>
> Yes, me 8-)
>
>> I can't find a bsf distribution with jakarta package ( that is used
>> by ant ),
>
> <http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-bsf/dev/v2.3.0/bin/>

Ok, got that - but it seems it gives:
  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/bsf/util/BSFEngineImpl
        at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.loadScriptingEngine(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.exec(Unknown Source)

I added the old bsf - and then I get class cast exception ( I assume
BSFEngineImpl from ibm implements the other interface ).

Are you able to run the script ( and get to a ProjectHelper-related failure
) ?

>> and I can't figure how to build bsf ( it seems gump is in the same
>> situation ).
>
> Gump can compile it if you remove the rhino dependency.  There have
> been some changes in rhino after the last release that are breaking
> BSF's debugger support.
>
> Compile jakarta-bsf against Rhino 1.5R3 and it should work.

I'll try that - rhino is needed for the javascript test case...

Costin