ant-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Chang <rch...@eecs.tufts.edu>
Subject temp props file created by <junit> task
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:07:20 GMT

Hi.
Although the documentation does not state it, the JUnit Task in Ant
creates a temporary properties file in the project's base dir to pass to
junit off the command line, then deletes it after junit is run. The
location of the file CANNOT be changed.

This is inconvenient for my company b/c there are cases in which we would
like to run unit tests in directories that are not writable.  Our source
control system is Component-Based, and we derive a component's dir,
making it writable, if we want to make changes.

BOTTOM LINE : Often we would like to run a test within a non derived
component (non writable directory).

Any thoughts on the following actions:
1. A "tmpDir" attribute is added so that users can specify where this
   file is written, instead of having it hardcoded to the project base
dir.

2. Writing the tmp file to the default temporary file dir instead of
  the project's base dir.

We're currently using a version of Ant that uses Plan 1 and we are
looking for thoughts on whether some addition should be included into
the main Ant distribution.

Thx,
Rich