ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Surender Mohan Seshadri" <SSesha...@gbahn.com>
Subject RE: File Search .
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:51:56 GMT

Hi,
I tried the searching using <fileset>  and as Dominique pointed out, this is
taking quite long time. Is there any way to do it .Can ANT access the
"Windows Registry" to find it ? .

Thank you all for your help in advance .

Thanks
Surender

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 5:07 PM
To: 'Ant Developers List'
Subject: RE: File Search .

Sounds like a question for ant-user...

Ant has no built-in <find> task. That said, if I were to look for a abc.xml
file anywhere in C:, I'd write a <fileset> like this:

<fileset id="finder" dir="C:\" includes="**/abc.xml" />
<pathconvert property="files-found" refid="finder" />

The property files-found is now either empty, or contains one or more file
paths, in an arbitrary order, all ending in abc.xml.

Making sure there is only one seems possible, but convoluted. The point of
using Ant to find a file is another debate... --DD