ant-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject RE: Any chance to have <copy> to preserve file permissions?
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 18:40:22 GMT
You are right, this is what I am going to do. <chmod *.sh> solved my
problems with shell scripts and I can use a perl script to preserve
executable flag for a few native programs. Thanks a lot!

- Alexey.
--
{ http://trelony.cjb.net/   } Alexey N. Solofnenko
Pleasant Hill, CA (GMT-8 usually)

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Burton [mailto:billb@progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 7:48 PM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: Any chance to have <copy> to preserve file permissions?

Hello,

Since it seems you only need to determine if the executable bit needs to
be preserved, maybe you could write a Perl script that given a source
directory, a list of files in that directory and a target directory will
find all the executable files and chmod the corresponding target file.
You could then call that script from <apply> after your <copy> where
preserving execute permissions is required.

Another option is to write a <cp> task that supports some subset of the
<copy> task but runs the cp command to perform the copies.

-Bill