ant-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject RE: Any chance to have <copy> to preserve file permissions?
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 22:52:05 GMT
Sorry, if I offended anybody. I am not a new user of ANT and I do not think
that <exec "cp"> in an ANT way of doing things (Please tell me if I am
wrong). And it is not a task of build writer to think about such details,
but the tool's one, since there is no simple workaround (and there is no
<copy if="os.windows">). I can work around the problem in different ways,
maybe even by patching ANT to use native library. But maybe there is a
better way - for ANT to automatically call "cp" if permissions are
important.

- Alexey.
--
{ http://trelony.cjb.net/   } Alexey N. Solofnenko