ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: <script> and bsf
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:40:51 GMT
I agree with you Alexey. Even if the current behavior seems weird, it's Ant
behavior, which many people take advantage of, including me, to create
'property setting' targets (properties used by other targets specified on
the command line). I don't want that behavior to go away (that would be a
clear regression, which I don't expect from Costin).

I like Alexey's idea of comma-separating targets names on the command line
to have the pseudo-target behavior, similar to the current 'depend'
attribute of <target>. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexey Solofnenko [mailto:A.Solofnenko@mdl.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 12:55 PM
To: 'Ant Developers List'
Subject: RE: <script> and bsf

It is a feature, but many people would like to have it implemented
differently. Without breaking existing functionality I think it is possible
to add "ANT A,B" syntax to execute A and B without reexecuting common
targets, by creating a temporary pseudo target that depends from A and B and
executing it.

- Alexey.