ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: PyUnit integ ?
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 22:32:47 GMT
I'm sure it's true. But only users of both Ant and PyUnit can do the
integration work, so it seems you would be the person to trail blaze it ;-)

But instead of extending Ant, maybe you should extend JUnit instead!?!?!? It
would be as simple as writing a class with a public static Test suite()
method that gathered all the PyUnit test classes, and would execute them
using Jython for example thru wrapper classes. If you do that in a good
JUnit way, firing the proper JUnit events, then the integration with Ant is
already done, and is called <junit> ;-)

I used a similar technique to write a DynamicTestSuite gathering JUnit test
classes based on various criteria that worked for both JARs and classes on
disk. I then simply execute that one test which happens to compose many
tests (dynamically). It's all in Java, so probably easier, nevertheless,
it's not very different.

The same could be possible with PyUnit I would guess, although probably more
involved. JUnit is a very nicely extensible beast ;-) And I know Jython can
integrate nicely with Java code, in both directions. All that's needed is
the actual doing by someone knowledgeable and motivated enough... --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastien BLANC [mailto:Sebastien.Blanc@alcatel.com]
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 4:09 PM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: PyUnit integ ?

thanx for the input. mainly asking coz PyUnit is an open source and ANT is
already integrating a whole lots. mainly using PyUnit becoz devt time and
efficiency of jython chain tests is much better than java ones, also for
debug and local/remote unitary testing purposes.

and generating java code from jython scripts to integrate with JUnit is
kinda limitating. so ... maybe not the best mailing list. but even if this
is jython and not java directly, this is a handy tool to integrate in java
devt cycle (at least the work I work with it) and so should have its place
as JUnit does in ANT.
seb.