ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kelsey Grant" <Kelsey.Gr...@orion.co.nz>
Subject Filtering and the @ character
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 04:09:36 GMT
Hi,

I have tried to get the filtering of files to operate with a start and
end token to one different to "@", but couldn't see a way to do this. We
want to do this as our files are marked up with $ characters, useful for
InstallAnywhere.

I have altered the filter task, to allow two extra attributes:

<filter filtersfile="${basedir}/project.properties" startoftoken="$$"
endoftoken="$$" />

Which will globally set the startOfToken and endOfToken properties in
the FilterSet class. In addition, you can do the following if you only
want to change the start/end of tokens without actually loading from a
file set.

<filter startoftoken="$$" endoftoken="$$" />

So I have two questions,
1. Was there an existing way to do this?
2. Can I submit this patch to the filter task, and associated test?

Regards,
Kelsey Grant