ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: <script> and bsf
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:23:51 GMT
To provide a good example of why having "," targets:

<target name="buildcore">
	<!-- This target takes a long time even if it is already build -->
</target>

<target name="buildA" depends="buildcore">
   <!-- build application A -->
</target>

<target name="buildB" depends="buildcore">
   <!-- build application B -->
</target>

... and so on

Now I want to build some adhoc group of apps:

	ant buildA,buildB,buildC

without the "," it make take 10 times longer due to the reevaluation of buildcore over and
over and over.
The only alternative is to change the buildfile everytime I need to build some adhoc thing.

This is why things work this way in MAKE.

Jose Alberto