ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: Delayed element creation implementation
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:45:21 GMT
I think the main problem with <description> is that we are conceptually treating it wrongly.
<description> is conceptially a syntactic element of <project> and <target>,
and not a regular task or <datatype>.
The fact that was implemented as a <datatype> was just a matter of convinience at the
time.

If we were to treat <description> as a syntactic element (i.e., ProjectHelper* must
apply them but
they do not show in the execution tree), then the only drawback is that they will have the
same status
as <target> or <project> and could not be redefined as something else.

I think this would be the correct thing to do.

Jose Alberto