ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Specifying properties from the command line?
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:30:36 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> I would like to specify the version property for xdoclet builds within
> gump, but apparently the value I specify is overridden.  Any suggestions
> would be appreciated...

Wow, their build is complex. I did a run with the version property override
and it created two copies of many jars, one with my version and one with
their version number.

I've had a quick look into it and one definite problem is the module builder
custom task. This invokes a separate instance of Ant (using exec classes).
This sub-instance does not inherit any properties from the controlling ant
build (the one for which you set the version property).

The only sure fire way I can see to control the version is to munge the
build.properties file before starting the build.

Conor