ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: [Xdoclet-devel] [GUMP] Build Failure - xdoclet
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:52:23 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like it may have been a change in Ant. Ant/Gump people - can you tell
> me if failure at
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2002-12-14/xdoclet.html
>
> was caused by the following change?

No, it was not. Not sure why you thought that.

The problem is caused by the new projectHelper implementation. The new
ProjectHelper does not lowercase child names, which means that element names
such as <configParam> do not get matched to the method name addConfigParam.
To verify this, try changing the buildfile to <configparam> and it will work OK.

Obviously this is a regression in Ant - thank Gump, once again - which needs
to be fixed.

AFAICS, the old project helper lowercase'd the names of child elements but
not of tasks. The new project helper only has one place where it creates
UnknownElements so I'll leave it to Costin to figure out a change.

Thanks
Conor