ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nico Seessle <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant.apache.org - Missing information on the website
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:56:59 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:
> [...]

The text copied here http://ant.apache.org/resources.html is a good
description of the contents.

The book is in the style of other books of the "kurz & gut"-series (the
german variant of the english "Pocket Reference"-series). It's really
"only" a short reference of what you will find in the Manual too, so if
you have read http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html you will learn
nothing new from reading the book.

If you like to have a short-reference in german and you can live with
the fact that the book is based on Ant 1.4 it may be worth it. (The same
is probably true for the whole series of these books - if you have one
of the "real" manuals there is not "real" need for them, but sometimes
they are nice to have).

I've given mine to a colleague and he likes it more than the
online-manual - that's probably because he doesn't use english in daily
life so much :-)

Nico