ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/ant-site/anakia/xdocs bylaws.xml
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:51:06 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Do you want us to track the feedback inside the file - in addition to
> on this list - or do you want to maintain the file based on feedback
> here?

Whatever works. If you want to make changes directly, go ahead, otherwise
I'll collect feedback from the list.

> First feedback (after reading the doc once) from myself:
>
> * should invitation of committers be "lazy consensus" instead of
>   consensus?  It is at Jakarta and I'm afraid we'd not match the
>   quorum otherwise.

OK, I grabbed most of this directly from httpd but I did think 100%
consensus may not be practical. Agreed that we should use lazy consensus.

> * Approval of the chairman by 3/4 majority?  Works for me, but again
>   I'm afraid we'll run into trouble with the quorum, unless we get
>   serious with "forcing" people into emeritus state.

OK, we can make that a majority (whatever proportion we like - 50%, 2/3,
3/4) of votes cast within a given period (we'll need to define the voting
periods - 72 hours, 1 week ?)

> * I'd like to drop the "six months" as time before developers
>   "usually" become committers.  This is longer than it has been for many
>   of us committers (far longer in my case 8-).  I'm not sure, I'd
>   simply drop any time-frame at all.

OK, 6 months is too long - agreed.

Conor