ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [Antidote] ToDo
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 17:48:27 GMT
The xdocs stuff will be metadata for the world to use to integrate with
Ant.  If Antidote needs something special that others don't (which I'd
be surprised about) then we can factor it in as well.

We'll have to come up with some specifications for what an ant task JAR
should contain, so third party libraries can integrate as nicely as
built-in tasks.

	Erik

Craig Campbell wrote:
> One way that could be used is a definite icon difference between the Task and Type elements.
 However with Eric's xdocs solution we could easily provide custom icons.  Maybe not for Antidote,
but as Nicola brought up a good example of others who might like to see custom icons.  Netbeans
may use it with their UI, and possibly others (Eclipse??).  I guess a question that should
be brought up is are we just producing a solution for Antidote or are we trying to build a
frame work for other GUI's to leverage?