ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Antidote] ToDo
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 12:25:00 GMT

Christoph Wilhelms wrote:
> Hi Craig!
>

>>>Find a concept for ACSDtdElement(s) to be rendered with
>>>different icons in the tree, based upon the current
>>>implementation. I bet you (Craig) already found a nice
>>>solution for this - or should we wait with this until we
>>>decided on a concept how to support tasks in general?
>>
>>Unfortunately, the only solution that I have implemented has
>>to to with BeanInfo objects, and not the individual tasks.
>>However, just to be clear, what you would like to see is a
>>right?
>

> No! I just (in the first step) want to render different types of
> ACSDtdElements with different icons: Task, fileset, include, etc... and do
> not know how th handle this with the current framework, for it know only
> generic ACSDtdElements with a standard icon...
>
> I do not think that it makes much sense to have an icon for each task - it
> would not be too helpful IMHO.

IMHO it is, especially since it would clearly identify the task in
question visually.
But there should be a standard "frame" for the type, to distinguish
tasks from targets and typedesf easily. Some work on these kinds of
icons can be seen in the Netbeans UI project www.netbeans.org

Just 2c...

             - verba volant, scripta manent -