ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Re: Any chance to have <copy> to preserve file permissions?
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 20:24:23 GMT
You didn't pay a dime for Ant. It is documented that <copy>
doesn't preserve permissions.

  "File permissions are not retained when files are copied; they end up
  with the default UMASK permissions instead. This is caused by the
  lack of any means to query or set file permissions in the current Java runtimes.
  If you need a permission-preserving copy function, use <exec executable="cp" ... >
instead."

If preserving permissions is so important to you,
solve the problem and submit the fix according to the published
guidelines. That's what open source projects are all about...

Sometimes I wonder if people really understand the issues...