ant-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien BLANC <Sebastien.Bl...@alcatel.com>
Subject Re: PyUnit integ ?
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 22:46:31 GMT
> But instead of extending Ant, maybe you should extend JUnit instead!?!?!? It
> would be as simple as writing a class with a public static Test suite()
> method that gathered all the PyUnit test classes, and would execute them
> using Jython for example thru wrapper classes. If you do that in a good
> JUnit way, firing the proper JUnit events, then the integration with Ant is
> already done, and is called <junit> ;-)

I already tried that and this is too limitating. the java code generated from
jython scripts does not enable overload and raises few issues. in fact junit
does not recommand at all to work this way to integrate jython tests into junit.
kinda guess that's why PyUnit was created. I'll write a task for PyUnit and will
propose for ANT integration.

seb.