ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant using commons code/jars
Date Sat, 21 Dec 2002 14:40:00 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> The problem is that we want to be able to bootstrap Ant with as little
> external dependencies as possible.  Thinking about it again, the real
> problem may be that we've never talked about it at all 8-)

I asked myself the question a long time ago but came to the conclusion it
would possibly bring more problems than it will solve.

I wanted to remove the duplication of some methods or utilities classes that
exists in common but many of the interesting classes did simply not
stabilized and were heavily changed in the sandbox. I have seen them migrate
between projects, change the class name, change the method name, change the
number of arguments, and so on.

The only app that I can see could possibly be used as it graduated is
commons-lang.
commons-codec, commons-IO, commons-net, commons-resource are still in
sandbox and that means could possibly change tomorrow.

For future work there could be a lot more like CLI, Discovery, Logging and
others