ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: contributing to project
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 22:22:35 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joshua Allen" <jallen181@cogeco.ca>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 00:22
Subject: RE: contributing to project

> As it sounds like it's not going to be included I guess this is will be a
purely academic exercise.

well, I dont see any overwhelming demand to bring it into the core, but it
can be a useful task and we will happily link to it. Indeed, we happily link
to all external ant tasks.

> In any case where, I'll put the task in
src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional, but where do I put the
xdocs?

I guess I wasnt detailed enough. xdocs/external.xml is the file listing all
external tasks and tools; add an entry for your task there and the web site
can be updated to point to .

> A bigger problem is that I don't have write access to the repository so
when I do "cvs add" so it can generate a diff file, it won't
> let me.

just run the cvs diff -u command, that will generate the appropriate patch