ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <>
Subject Re: Need feedback on intended SourceFileScanner change
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:01:59 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dominique Devienne" <>

> [DD] I like this abstraction. But would it work with a mapper that
> several files to check dirty status given the proposed single object
> signtature?

Good point.  But since the parameter is of type Object,
that *can* potentially even take in arrays.  IOW, the
current signature does not prevent one from passing in
an array as argument.  Agreed, it is not neat enough.

> [DD] I don't like that name personally. TargetObject seems designed
> exclusively for SourceFileScanner, and thus should relate to it by name.
> Something like SourceFileItem?

This should not apply to files alone; The Target may be anything,
not necessarily a File, though in this case, it happens to be.
Item is pedantic.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message