ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need feedback on intended SourceFileScanner change
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 16:18:31 GMT
Maybe a higher level abstraction is also in order.

With TargetObject (I will stick to this name just to
move ahead with the discussion) and isDirty, we have
a mechanism to see if a target object is outdated or
not.

However, the consumer of this still needs to do
the dirty work of having to iterate through all
the Source Objects and see if the corresponding
target Object needs to be updated.

Instead, if we have something like an UpdateManager
that has a setter for the Source Objects and a getter
for the Target Objects, it would be very useful also.

interface UpdateManager {
    void setSrcList(List src);
    List getDestList();
}

An implementation of UpdateManager's getDestList
method would iterate through each src element and
invoke TargetObject's isDirty using it and build
the dest list with just those src elements that
need to be updated.

Cheers,
Magesh