ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial PMC members
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 11:03:29 GMT
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Christoph Wilhelms
<Christoph.Wilhelms@impress.com> wrote:

> I tossed my "yes" because of the following contents from:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/management.html

Forget that, we are making our own rules (well, don't forget it
completely 8-).

> 1. WILL there be an election?

No.

> 2. HOW MANY memeber will there be in the new ANT PMC?

Unlimited.

This is for the initial PMC, the rest depends on the rules we create.

The model we seem to agree upon is that every active committer who
wants to be part of the PMC, can be part of the PMC.  For
no-longer-active or not-active-right-now-but-again-in-the-future
committers there will be a state of emeritus committer (and emeritus
PMC member) that allows for an easy way back.

See <http://httpd.apache.org/dev/guidelines.html>, especially the
section "Apache HTTP Server Project Management Committee", paragraph
two, sentence two and three.

Stefan