ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Resolution for Ant top level project
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 13:22:43 GMT
On Tue, 05 Nov 2002, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> I envisage there would be a vote on two independent issues.
>
> 1. For/Against the draft (as revised after discussions) being sent
> to the board.
>
> 2. Whether you would be prepared to serve on the Ant PMC in the
> event the resolution is approved by ant-dev and the board.

Yep.

(2) is only the initial PMC, which PMC model we'd adopt is a matter of
the bylaws we'd define for Ant.

> charged with the creation and maintenance of open-source software
> related to the Apache Ant build tool.

I see what you mean with recursive 8-)

This doesn't preclude Ant from accepting more code-bases if needed
(like Antidote rising from the graveyard after some incubation ...),
we could clarify it in the bylaws.

> RESOLVED, that the Apache Ant PMC be and hereby is
> responsible for the creation and maintenance of the Ant build
> system.

Missing an "and be it further" at the end. ;-)

I'm fine with the resolution as it is.

Stefan