ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Resolution for Ant top level project
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 10:16:51 GMT
On Tue, 05 Nov 2002, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> 1. Why do this?

I have nothing to add to your words - exactly my thoughts.

> Scope
>
> So how about this "the creation and maintenance of open-source
> software related to the Apache Ant build tool and supporting task
> libraries"? Not sure if that is better - does anyone have any better
> words?

"closely related"?  No need to explicitly mention task libraries, but
it may make the intent clearer.

"the creation and maintenance of the Apache Ant build tool and closely
related open-source software like supporting task libraries"?  Sure
not enough legaleese in it 8-).

> PMC Chair
>
> We will need to choose a chair for the board resolution.

Yes, I think so.

> Bylaws
>
> Here I would expect that we would not have anything peculiar to Ant,
> something like Jakarta or httpd would be a good basis.

+1

I'd start with httpd myself.

> I'd be happy to have a discussion now, to try and capture the
> essential elements of the bylaws if there is interest.

Thank you for taking the lead on this.

Stefan