ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Resolution for Ant top level project
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 08:15:45 GMT
On Mon, 04 Nov 2002, Costin Manolache <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am +1 on creating the Ant PMC and all other issues, my reservation
> applies only to ant leaving jakarta.

Why do you think Ant would be "leaving" Jakarta?

I'm pretty sure that Ant committers will remain as active in Jakarta
at large as they've been before.  What I see changing is that the
Jakarta PMC would be no longer responsible for Ant, that's all.

> As a note, given that ant already has a committer base I would
> prefer that the bylaws be defined before and by the current
> committers ( or the current jakarta bylaws be used as a template and
> amended if necesary ).

>From the way we are collecting the initial PMC members and what people
have said so far, the httpd bylaws may be the better template as it
already has support for emeritus members.

I don't think we need to have the bylaws now, but we can discuss them,
no problem.

BTW, if we can present the resolution to the board within this week,
board could vote on it at the next board meeting November 18th.  No
need to rush things, but if we seem to agree in general ...

Stefan