ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Zip
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 08:40:14 GMT
On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Keith Wannamaker <Keith@wannamaker.org> wrote:

> I see there is a ZipOutputStream implementations in Apache
> excalibur.

Which is a fork (copy?) of the one in Ant's own CVS.  There is yet
another one in jakarta-commons-sandbox somewhere IIRC.

> Stefan mentioned that this would be necessary to store permissions
> -- therefore is the infrastructure there to support this now?

It is there and has been there for more than a year, yes.

> There may not be a 'standard' way of doing this, but if we
> do it like InfoZip that ought to be sufficient.

Take a look at the Zip task itself and how it takes care of
permissions for directories (line 705 in CVS HEAD).  The Unix
permissions are (in reverse byte order) part of the external
attributes for InfoZip.

You get the permissions set by ORing together the file type (from
UnixStat in the zip package) and the actual permissions themselves.
Directories also need some special flag (the MS DOS directory flag)
set, so they'll work on DOS based systems.

Stefan