ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need help with backwards incompatible resolver change
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:47:02 GMT
On 18 Nov 2002, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> I'll see whether I can put together a patch to resolver today - if I
> can't I'll tell you why 8-)

Well, I certainly cannot re-introduce a static
setIgnoreMissingProperties method to CatalogManager as there now
already is a non-static method by that name.  I don't see an easy
solution for this apart from renaming the instance methods.

The same is true for the Debug case.

Ant could switch to the 1.1 resolver code as the Ant release that uses
resolver is still a couple of months away - after a release of
resolver 1.1, I guess.

But you better start thinking about a proper deprecation policy 8-)

Stefan