ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - krysalis-ant-tasks
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:46:27 GMT
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> org.krysalis.ant.types.URIList cannot override isChecked() in
> org.apache.tools.ant.types.DataType
>
> org.krysalis.ant.types.URIList cannot override setChecked(boolean)
> in org.apache.tools.ant.types.DataType

There is little to nothing we (Ant developers) could do to avoid
problems like these.  As we don't know all code that extends any class
in Ant we would become unable to add any non-private methods at all
otherwise.

If needed by Centipede it would be easy to add protected isChecked and
setChecked methods to the 1.5 branch as well so that they could be
used once 1.5.2 is released (if it gets released).

It's probably easiest to make them protected in URIList, though.

Stefan