ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: top level execution order
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2002 00:52:49 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Costin Manolache wrote:
> [...]
>> There are many problems with marker interfaces. I doubt they'll get
>> support.
> I won't expand on this much but in Avalon we've ditched marker
> interfaces after much time they have been used...

Good move.

>> Probably a middle-ground solution with some meta-data ( i.e. config )
>> could be accepted ( maybe this can be reopened when the format for the
>> standard antlib is discussed - I care more about adding the hooks
>> to allow pluggable task factories at this moment ).
> ... and we are migrating to the use of metadata.

Metadata is used in one form or another in almost any project I know.
It is important to keep things in balance and not abuse any concept.
Simple things should remain simple - and metadata should be used only
to enhance and solve complex problems. That's my biggest concern on
any use of metadata.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message