ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: top level execution order
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 15:20:24 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>
>> The downside is that Centipede will no longer work :-(
>>
>> We use this [embed] feature so that we can transform a template and
>> import the result, all in one swoop, as has already been described here
>> and it seemed to be a useful feature.

> Let me just repeat what I said in an earlier mail. If you rely on an
> unreleased feature then you do so at a risk that the feature may morph or
> disappear. This is a risk you have chosen to accept and not the Ant

That's true for almost any software project, and not only unreleased
features :-)

In case the top-level order proposal is not accepted or if <import>
will not be accepted or accepted with different behavior - Nicola can
still use the embed proposal or a fork of it ( I plan to have it match
the behavior of what gets accepted in ant16 ).

I think the real important thing is to find the best solution - if that
would break Centipede or will be different than what embed does is
less important ( as long as it is a better solution ).

Costin