ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Request: Change <javac> debug default to "on"
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 03:22:11 GMT
IMO - if you want debugging, you should use debug="true",
if you don't want - false.

Most build.xml files I use have one of those settings.

My assumption is that if you don't specify either - you
don't care :-)

I would vote +1 to have the default set to 'debug=true' -
for the simple reason that people who don't care or
don't know will get the line numbers in stack traces.
And I think they'll need them the most :-)

Costin