ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Resolution for Ant top level project
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 15:51:04 GMT
Jon Skeet wrote:

> Right. I'd be very happy to have some trimming, but I don't think that
> active/inactive is necessarily the best place to draw the line. I think
> there are at least three reasonable categories: currently active,
> currently inactive but with some intention of becoming active in the
> future, and currently inactive with no real continuing interest in Ant.
> I'd class myself as the middle category myself, and that's obviously the
> difficult category to decide upon in terms of whether or not they should
> still be committers :)

The second category is quite easy to decide - they should remain committers
( maybe placed in 'emeritus state', from which it's trivial to change back).

The third may be a bit more difficult - if we also consider those who
have no real continuing interest, but made some major contributions ( like
writing ant in the first place :-).

Costin