ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua Allen" <jallen...@cogeco.ca>
Subject RE: bug report - <genkey>
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:13:16 GMT
Well as you guys were so adament I went and tested it again.  You were right, my generatekey
task didn't depend on init.

-Joshua

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 8:03 PM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: bug report - <genkey>

Its extremely hard to believe!  :)

Ant's engine expands properties in attributes prior to passing them to
the task.  I haven't tried this myself with <genkey>, but its not
special and couldn't bypass this phase even if it tried.

Please post a trimmed down build file that demonstrates this bug, but I
think you'll find that the problem is in a property name mismatch or
misunderstanding somehow.

	Erik

Joshua Allen wrote:
> I know this is hard to believe, I didn't believe it myself at first.  I don't know what's
going on here.  Have you tested this?
It
> doesn't expand any of the properties, not just alias.
>
> I've even echo'd the values of the properties before calling the task so I know that
they are set.

> It's been broken since at least version 1.4.  It's not that big of a deal because <genkey>
is called so rarely during the life of