ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Switching to Apache BSF
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:28:39 GMT
Please educate me Stefan. Why Apache BSF? Isn't IBM's BSF good enough?
What's wrong with it, except for not being part of Apache? I didn't see an
answer for this in the BSF FAQ. I don't really care that much, I'm just
wondering. Thanks, --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 9:04 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Switching to Apache BSF

Hi,

now that it is finally there <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/>, any
objections against switching CVS HEAD to using it?

There is a 2.3.0 release coming soon, that will support beanshell out
of the box (sorry, no list archive available, but here's the relevant
commit
<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-bsf/src/bsf-2.3/bsf/src/org/apach
e/bsf/Languages.properties.diff?r1=1.2&r2=1.3>)
so we can remove our hack.

I'm 100% positive Apache BSF 2.3.0 will be released before Ant 1.6.

Stefan